Makki Pua Recipe / Corn Flour Poori / Sweet Mathri
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Makki ka atta (maize flour) – 2 cup
- Jaggery (Grated) – 1 cup
- Sesame Seed (Til) – 2 tbsp
- Oil for Deepfrying –
- Heat the 1 cup of water in a pan on low flame, add jaggery, cook it till jaggery dissolve or for 4-5 min.
- In a big bowl, add makki atta, 2 tbsp of oil and til, mix well so oil incorporates well with flour.
- Add cooked jaggery mix to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Divide it in 12 equal portion and make a smooth ball without any cracks and flatten it between your palms roll it in a circle of 2 ½ – 3 inch diameter.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, slide the poori carefully and press very gently with spatula when it tries to come on top and puff up.
- After it puffs up, turn on other side and fry it till turns little golden brown.
- Allow to cool and store them in air tight containers.
MAKKI PUA RECIPE was last modified: February 5th, 2015 by