Kabuli Chana Sundal / Chickpea Sundal Recipe / Channa Sundal Recipe / How To Make Channa Sundal / Kabuli Chana Stir-Fry
Kabuli chana sundal is a South Indian stir fried dish made with white chickpeas or kabuli chana. Kabuli chana recipe is easy to make, tasty and tangy Indian chaat snacks. It is very nice side dish with paratha or poori or as evening snacks. Kabuli chana is also an excellent source of protein. Chana sundal are prepared during Ganesh Chaturthi or Janmashtami in South India.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- White Chichpeas or Desi Channa or Black Eyed Beans – 1 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Water as needed –
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 1 tbsp
- A Pinch Hing – 1/4 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Onion (optional) – 1/2 cup
- Freshly Grated Coconut (optional) – 2 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 3/4 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Wash and soak chickpeas for 4-5 hour.
- Cook chickpeas in a pressure cook, add salt and water.
- Cook on medium flame till peas becomes soft.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat, add the cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Add ginger, green chilies, asafoetida and salt, mix well.
- Add cooked chickpeas, coriander powder, garam masala and dry mango powder, mix well.
- Stir for a few minutes until well combined.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and onion slices or grated coconut.
- Serve hot kabuli chana sundal as evening snacks or as a dry curry with paratha.