Gujarati Methi Dhebra Recipe / Methi Dhebra / Methi Na Dhebra / Bajra Methi Na Dhebra
Gujarati methi dhebra recipe is a Gujarati bread type snack. It is made with a mix of methi-fenugreek leaves, rava, bajra-millet, wheat flour and corn flour. This recipe works great with sour yogurt as it gives a tangy taste. You can serve with pickle and curd. It can be stored in the fridge and eaten for 5-6 days.
- Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Bajra flour – 2 cup
- Wheat flour – 11/2 cup
- Rava-Sooji-Semolina – 3/4 cup
- Cornflour – 1/3 cup
- Methi leaves (Wash and Chopped) – 2 cup
- Sesame Seed-Til – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Jaggery-Ggur – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Chopped Green Chilies – 2 nos.
- Ginger – 1 inch long piece
- Red Chili Powder – Less than 1/4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – Less than 1/4 tbsp
- Oil for Deep frying –
- In a bowl, add bajra flour, wheat flour, sooji and cornflour, keep aside
- In a blender, add green chili, curd, ginger and jaggery, blend it.
- For dough, add curd mix, flour mix, 1 tbsp of oil and all the spices, mix well.
- Mix all the ingredients properly and with the help of water knead a soft dough and cover with muslin cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide it in 12 equal portion and make a smooth ball without any cracks and flatten it between your palms roll it in a circle of 2 ½ – 3 inch diameter.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame and slide the poori carefully.
- Fry it till both sides turns little golden brown.
- Serve methi dhebra with green chutney and pickle.