Gujarati Farsi Puri Recipe / How To Make Farsi Puri / Mathri Recipe / Rava Maida Ki Puri
Gujarati farsi puri recipe is a crispy and delicious melt in mouth deep-fried Indian bread. This snack tastes best with sweet and sour mango pickle or tea or coffee. It is prepared from maida, rava-semolina, black pepper, cumin seeds and other spices. Mathari made in Gujarati Style is called Farsi can be eaten in the breakfast or as a snack with tea in the evening.You can be store for 10-12 days.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Maida – 2 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Sauf – 1 tbsp
- Fresh Crushed Black Pepper – 1/4 tbsp
- Oil for dough – 4-5 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- In a bowl, add maida, salt, cumin seeds, sauf, black pepper powder and oil, mix well so oil incorporates well with flour.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 5-6 parts and make roll them into round shape.
- Take the first ball and put it over a rolling board and roll it into a thick flat disc of 8-9 inch.
- Apply 1 tea spoon oil, pick it up from one end, fold it and roll it to meet the other end.
- Cut this roll with the knife into 1-1/2 inch pieces and take one piece and press it with your hands.
- Now roll out all the balls with the roller and keep the layer thick like a mathri.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, slide poori.
- Fry it till they turns little golden brown.
- Keep aside and allow to cool.
- Store in an air-tight container.