Doodhi Muthia Recipe / Doodhi Muthia / Steamed Doodhi Muthia Recipe / Dudhi Na Muthiya Recipe
Doodhi muthia recipe is traditional Gujarati healthy breakfast dish. It is made of wheat flour, semolina, lauki and spices. You can serve as a snack tea or even as a light dinner along with green chutney.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Difficult
- Grated Lauki-Bottle Gourd-Doodhi-G/Ghia) – 2 cup
- Grated Onion – 1/4 cup
- Wheat Flour(atta) – 1/2 cup
- Besan Flour – 1/2 cup
- Rava-Semolina – 1 cup
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Asafetida – 1/4 tbsp
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1/2 tbsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Suagar – 1 tbsp
- Ginger(paste) – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves (finely chopped) – 2-3 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- Chopped Green Chilies – 3-4 nos.
- Mustard Seed – 1/2 tbsp
- White Sesame Seeds – 2 tbsp
- In a bowl, add wheat flour, besan, semolina, turmeric powder, asafoetida, baking soda, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, salt, sugar, ginger paste, green chilies, coriander leaves, lemon juice and oil.
- Squeeze out as much as possible water from bottle gourd and onion.
- Use your all strength to squeeze out water and add it to the bowl, mix well.
- Make soft dough and use water if needed (may be you will need tablespoon or more or less).
- In a steamer, add about an inch of water and cook till it’s come to boil.
- Spread some oil on steamer tray with holes in it and grease it well.
- Spread some oil on your palms and divide the dough in to four equal portions.
- Shape each portion in to cylindrical roll approximately 5 inches long and 1 inch in diameter.
- Arrange on grease tray and steam it for 20-22 minutes.
- Check with a knife. If the knife comes out clean, it is cooked.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes then cut into half inch slices.
- For tempering, heat the oil in a pan, add mustard seed and sesame seed, saute.
- Add the slices muthia and mix gently, muthia do not break and cook it till you get little brown and crispy muthia.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
DOODHI MUTHIA RECIPE was last modified: April 3rd, 2014 by