Chivda Recipe / Thin Poha Chivda / Chivda Snack Recipe / Poha Upma
Chivda recipe is a popular and easy snack in India. Poha Chivda or Chidva is a wonderful healthy snack. Crispy beaten rice flavoured with peanut and spices makes a delicious any time snack. It is specially popular in Maharashtra and Karnataka. It is specially made on Diwali along with others savory items.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Skill Level: Easy
- Chivda – 2 cup
- Chopped green chili – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Dry Red chili – 2-3 nos.
- Peanut – 1 cup
- A pinch of hing –
- Curry Leaves – 10 – 11
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Powdered Sugar – 2 tbs
- Oil for frying –
- Heat the oil in a pan, add chivda and fry chivda on medium heat until crisp, keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add cumin seeds.
- When they stop spluttering, add the green chilies, dry red chili and peanuts, fry on medium heat for 2-3 min.
- Add the curry leaves, hing, turmeric powder and salt, mix well.
- Add fried chivda and mix well.
- Add sugar, mix well to incorporate and allow it cool.
- Store chivda in an airtight container.