Bikaneri Bhujia Recipe / Rajasthain Bikaneri Bhujia / How To Make Bikaneri Bhujia
Bikaneri Bhujia recipe is a crispy snack and easy to make originating from, Bikaner. It is prepared by using besan-gram flour, moath dal, salt, black pepper, cardamom powder, cloves and spices. You can be stored in an air-tight container for a long time. The dough is formed into a snack by pressing through a sieve or sev making machine and deep frying in oil. It is light yellow in colour. Sev is eaten as a snack or topping on dishes like Bhelpuri and Sevpuri.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6-7
- Skill Level: Medium
- Besan Flour – 1/2 cup
- Moath-Matki Flour – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tbsp
- A Pinch Asafoetida –
- Black Pepper – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil (for dough) – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Water as needed –
- Oil for Deepfrying –
- In a bowl, add besan flour, moath flour, cardmaom powder, hing, black pepper, salt, oil and mix well.
- Then add water as needed (careful,needs very less) and mix well, form a sticky dough.
- Attach a fine net to the Sev making machine and apply some oil on your hand, break of a big ball sized piece form the dough the roll it length wise.
- Put this rolled dough in the machine and close it.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame and put in the hot oil.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown, turn over to cook on both sides.
- Break it roughly into pieces and allow to cool.
- Store in a airtight container.