Besan Ka Cheela Recipe / Besan Cheela / Rajasthani Besan Cheela / How To Make Besan Ka Cheela
Besan ka cheela recipe is a instant, nutritious, low calorie, protein rich recipe ideal for breakfast and snack time. Cheela is made with besan-chick pea flour, but there are several variations you can add spices and chopped vegetables. Cheela usually served with chutney and raita. Cheela is made with besan, tomato, onion, green chili, coriander leaves, gobhi and some spices. It is quick to prepare and can be served many different ways.
- Prep Time: 25-30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Finely Chopped Tomato – 1/4 cup
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1/4 cup
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Baking Soda – a pinch
- Besan Flour – 2 cup
- Grated Gobhi – 1/2 cup
- A Pinch Hing –
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- In a bowl, add besan, onion, green chili, tomato, baking soda, salt, red chili powder, gobhi and put some more water in the mixture and make a thick paste of it (like as a suitable for pakoras).
- Add hing, coriander powder and green coriander leaves, mix well and stir the batter for 4-5 min.
- Cover the batter with a lid and leave it for 10-15 min.
- Take out some batter and dilute with water till you reach the right consistency and it should be thick but easy to spread.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium flame.
- When hot, add a few drops of oil to it and swirl to coat all sides of the pan.
- Now pour a ladle full of batter onto the pan and lightly use the ladle to spread the batter into a circular shape from the center outwards, make a circle of diameter roughly 5-6″.
- Drizzle with a little oil and lift the edges of the cheela to allow oil to go under it.
- Flip now and cook it till the other side is little golden too.
- Server hot besan cheela with green coriander chutney.