Andhra Pesarattu Recipe / Dosa With Green Gram / Green Moong Dal Dosa / Pesarattu Dosa
Andhra Pesarattu Recipe is a popular breakfast recipe of Andhra Pradesh. Dosa can be made with whole moong beans or spilt moong lentils. Dosa is a delicious lentil based pancake recipe which is best enjoyed with a spicy chutney or upma. Pesarattu is not only easy to prepare but also very nutritious pancake recipe.
- Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Whole Moong Dal (skin-on) – 2 cup
- Rice – 1 cup
- Chopped Green Chili – 5-6 nos.
- Chopped Ginger – 1 small
- Salt as per taste –
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Onion (optional) – 1 medium
- Finely Chopped Garlic (optional) – 3-4 nos.
- Wash and soak moong dal and rice for overnight.
- In a grinder, add soaked dal, rice, garlic and green chili, make a smooth paste.
- Add salt and cumin seeds.
- Take out some batter and dilute with water till you reach the right consistency and it should be thick but easy to spread.
Heat a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium flame.
- When hot, add a few drops of oil to it and swirl to coat all sides of the pan.
Now pour a ladle full of batter onto the pan and lightly use the ladle to spread the batter into a circular shape from the center outwards, make a circle of diameter roughly 5-6″.
- Drizzle with a little oil and lift the edges of the dosa to allow oil to go under it.
Flip now and cook it till the other side turns little golden brown.
- Server hot pesarattu with green coriander chutney.