Aloo Bhakarwadi Recipe / Aloo Bhakarwadi / Aloo Ki Bakarwadi / Potato Bhakarwadi Recipe
Aloo bhakarwadi is north Indian dish especially popular in Maharashtra as well as Gujarat. Aloo bhakarwadi is slightly spicy, delicious and tangy in taste. It is a good tea time snacks. The maida-besan flour based round discs are stuffed with boiled potato and spices, finally deep fried it till turns little golden brown. This crispy snack will have a spicy potato stuffing.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Medium
For Dough:—- –
- Maida – 11/2 cup
- Besan Flour – 1/2 cup
- Oil for Dough – 1/4 cup
- Salt as per taste –
For Filling:—— –
- Potato (Boil and mash) – 4 Medium-Sized
- Oil for frying – 2 tbsp
- A pinch Hing –
- Cumin Seed – 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard Seed – 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder as per taste –
- Salt as per taste –
- Garam Masala – 1/4 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- For filling:—-
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add hing, mustard seed and cumin seed, fry for 3-4 min.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and mix well.
- Add mashed potato, red chili powder, salt and garam masala, fry for 5-6 min or till aloo mix with spices and keep aside.
- For Dough:—–
- In a bowl, add maida, besan, salt and oil, mix well so oil incorporates well with flour.
- Add enough water to make a dough of rolling consistency, as we are preparing for paratha/roti and keep aside covered for 15 min.
- Divide the dough into 3 portions, take one portion press it and make a ball.
- Place it on rolling plate and with help of rolling pin flatten it into a Puri.
- Puri should be thin like a paratha and have a diameter of 8-10 inches.
- Place 3-4 tbsp aloo stuffing on the Puri and as you leave a little portion of the edges on all sides of the Puri, press the stuffing with a spoon.
- Stuffing is placed on the puri, fold as you pick it up from one side and make a roll and close the open ends by pressing them with your hands.
- Cut the roll into ½ inch long pieces and after cutting all the pieces take one piece of Bakarwadi, apply dry maida on its 2 ends and using your fingers stick the ends together.
- Heat the oil in a pan on low flame, slide bakarwadi carefully and fry it till turns brown on all sides.
- Store in air tight container when cooled completely.