Shahi Rice Pulao Recipe / Shahi Pulav Recipe / How To Make Shahi Pulao / Shahi Pulao Recipe
Shahi rice pulao recipe is a Shahi Style Indian rice recipe. In this recipe, Basmati Rice are cooked with Indian spices and vegetable, flavored with fried kaju and raisins. Shahi pulao is the great delicacy of rice recipes made with basmati rice, carrot, beans, peas, fried paneer, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom, cumin seed and fried dry fruits. You can enjoy with dal fry or raita or pickle and salad.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Basmati Rice (soak for 20 min) – 1 cup
- Carrot (cut into 1 inch length) – 1/4 cup
- French Beans (cut into 1 inch length) – 1/4 cup
- Fresh Peas – 1/4 cup
- Paneer (cut into cubes and fry in a oil) – 5-6 nos.
- Bay Leaf – 2-3 nos.
- Cinnamon Stick – 1 inch pieces
- Cloves – 2 nos.
- Cardamom – 3 nos.
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Kaju/Cashews Nut – 10 nos.
- Raisins – 10 nos.
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tbsp
- Fresh Cream – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 3-4 tbsp
- Oil – 2-3 tbsp
- Heat the oil and ghee in pressure cooker on medium flame, add cumin seeds, cinnamon, clove, cardamom, bay leaf, cashews and raisins.
- Fry it till the cashews becomes little brown.
- Add the carrot, beans and pea, mix well.
- Fry for 3-4 min.
- Add fried paneer, salt, sugar, lemon juice, soaked rice and 2 cups of water, mix well.
- Before closing the lid, add fresh cream and mix well.
- Close the cooker and wait for 2 whistles to come or till rice gets soft.
- Transfer into serving plate.
- Serve hot shahi rice pulao recipe with raita/pickle.