Mexican Rice Recipe / Mexican Rice Recipe Veg / How To Make Mexican Rice
Mexican rice recipe is delicious and simple rice recipe. It is very tasty, tangy and easy to make recipe. It is a dish of steamed rice stir-fried in a pan and mixed with Indian spices. Cooked rice stir-fried with spicy tomato puree and garnish with coriander leaves. You can serve with curd, pickle and salad.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Basmati Rice – 2 cup
- Oil for frying –
- Tomato Paste – 1 cup
- Minced Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
- Water as needed –
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves (for garnish) – 3-4 tbsp
- Wash rice and keep aside.
- In a large pan, add 4-5 cups of water, 1/2 tbsp oil and 1/2 tbsp salt and boil it.
- When it’s boiling, add rice.
- Cook it till rice gets soft, drain the extra water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add tomato paste, garlic, salt, black pepper and cumin, mix well.
- Fry for 4-5 min.
- Add cooked rice and fry it, mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot mexican rice recipe with curd or pickle.