Lemon Rice Recipe / South Indian Lemon Rice Recipe / How To Make Lemon Rice Recipe
Lemon Rice Recipe is a delicious South Indian dish. Lemon juice gives a very refreshing and tangy flavor to the rice. It is made of cooked or leftover rice with lemon juice and spices. Tadka with chana dal, mustard seeds, curry leaves, hing, split urad dal, peanut and dried red chili. You can serve with a raita.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Rice – 2 cup
- Oil for frying –
- Peanut – 1/2 cup
- Curry Leaves – 10-11
- Mustard Seed – 1 tbsp
- Dry Red Chili – 2-3 nos.
- A pinch of asafetida –
- Split Urad – 1 tbsp
- Cashew – 3-4 tbsk
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Lemon Juice –
- Salt as per taste –
- Wash rice and in a large pan, add 4-5 cups of water, 1/2 tbsp oil and 1/2 tbsp salt and boil it.
- When it’s boiling, add rice.
- when cooked and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, hing, split urad dal and dried red chili, fry for 2 min or it till turns little golden brown.
- Add peanuts and cashews, fry it till they turns light brown.
- Add green chili, turmeric powder and curry leaves.
- Add cooked rice and mix well, fry it.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot lemon rice with raita.