Kabuli Chana Pulao Recipe / Kabuli Pulao Veg / Kabuli Pulao Biryani / How To Make Channa Pulao Recipe
Kabuli chana pulao recipe is really tasty and delicious pulao recipe. It is a complete combination of rice and pulses. Kabuli pulao is a usually a non-vegetarian dish. But here we are preparing vegetarian Kabuli chana pulao recipe. It is a dish of steamed rice stir-fried in a pan and mixed with kabuli chana and Indian spices. Cooked rice stir-fried with kabuli chana, bay leaves, cinnamon, cumin seed, garlic, ginger and onions, fry for 2-3 min. You can serve with curd, pickle and salad.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Basmati Rice – 2 cup
- Kala Channa or Kabuli Channa or Chick Peas- 1/2 cup
- Bay Leaf (tej patta) – 1-2 os.
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Cinnaman(Dal chini) – 1-2 nos.
- Onion Sliced – 2 medium
- Finely Chopped Garlic – 2 cloves
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 2 inch
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Curd (Dahi) – 1/2 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 5-6 tbsp
- Wash and soak chana for 5-6 hour.
- Cook soaked chana in a pressure cooker with salt and 2 cup of water.
- Cook it till chana gets soft and drain extra water, keep aside.
- Wash rice and in a large pan, add 4-5 cups of water, 1/2 tbsp oil and 1/2 tbsp salt and boil it.
- When it’s boiling, add rice.
- Cook it till rice gets soft and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add bay leaves, cinnamon, cumin seed, garlic, ginger and onions.
- Fry it till onion turns little golden brown.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala, mix well.
- Add yogurt and cook for 4-5 min.
- Add cooked kabuli chana, cooked rice, salt and mix well.
- Cook for 3-4 min and keep aside.
- Transfer into serving bowl.
- Serve hot kabuli chana pulao recipe with curd or pickle and salad.