Jeera Rice Recipe / Jeera Rice / Cumin Rice / How to Make Jeera Rice
Jeera rice recipe is a easy to prepare, tastes awesome and popular dish in North India, an everyday rice dish. Jeera rice is a simple preparation of rice that has been flavored with jeera or cumin seeds. You can enjoy with almost any dal or vegetable curry and plain curds or pickle.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Basmati Rice – 1 cup
- Cumin Seed or Jeera – 1 tbsp
- Cloves – 2-3 nos.
- Bay Leaf or Tej Patta – 1-2nos.
- Cinnaman or Dal Chini – 1 nos.
- Turmeric Powder (optinal) – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Water as needed –
- Wash rice and in a large pan, add 4-5 cup water, 1/2 tbsp oil and 1/2 tbsp salt and boil it.
- When it’s boiling, add rice.
- Cook it till gets soft and drain extra water, keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add cumin seed, cloves, tej patta and cinnaman.
- Fry it properly.
- Add cooked rice and salt, mix well.
- Serve hot jeera rice with curry or curd.