Gujarati Fried Rice Recipe / Gujarati Style Fried Rice / Gujarati Fried Rice
Gujarati fried rice recipe is famous Gujarati rice recipe. It is very tasty, tangy and easy to make recipe. It is a dish of steamed rice stir-fried in a pan and mixed with other ingredients, such as vegetables and spices. Cooked rice stir-fried with black pepper, cinnamon stick and dry red chili, fry for 2-3 min, then add potato, pea and carrot, garnish with coriander leaves. You can serve with curd, pickle and salad. You can also add such other vegetables broccoli, bean celery, corn, mushrooms and peppers.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cooked Rice – 2 cup
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 3-4 tbsp
- Cinnamon Stick – 1 inch
- Black Pepper – 2-3 nos.
- Dry Red Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Big Potato (peel and cut in to small pieces) – 1/4 cup
- Green Pea – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Carrot – 1/4 cup
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 medium
- Chopped Green Chili – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add black pepper, cinnamon stick and fry for 1-2 min.
- Add dry red chili and onion, fry it till onion turns little golden brown.
- Add potato, carrot and half cup of water, cover and cook it till potato and carrots becomes tender.
- Add green chili, turmeric powder and green peas, mix well.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 min.
- Add cooked rice and salt, mix well.
- Cover and cook 5-6 min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot gujarati fried rice with curd, pickle and salad.