Dry Fruit Rice Recipe / Mewa Pulao Recipe / Dry Fruit Pulao / Dried Fruit Rice Recipe
Dry fruit rice recipe is a aromatic, mild and sweet Rice recipe. This is one of the easiest pulao recipes to make, colourful and rich with plenty of dry fruits. This rice not only looks beautiful, but it is contain with savory flavors. Basmati rice cooked with spices and dry fruits. You can serve with raita and papad.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Easy
- Basmati Rice – 2 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 11/2 cup
- Chopped Onion – 1/2 Cup
- Chopped Chironji – 3/4 cup
- Chopped Almonds – 3/4 cup
- Chopped Pistachios – 3/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Saffron (soaked in 1 tsp milk) – 1/4 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Grated Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Cinnaman – 1/2 tsbp
- Wash and soak rice for 1/2 an hour.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on low flame, add onion and fry it till turns little golden brown.
- Add the soaked rice, turmeric powder, saffron, cinnamon and ginger, fry for few min.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Cook it till each grain is separate.
- Add dry fruit, saffron and cardamom powder, mix well.
- Covered and cook 5 more min.
- Serve hot mewa pulao.