Bajra Khichdi Recipe / Bajre Ki Khichdi / Rajasthani Recipe
Bajra khichdi recipe is winter food in India and traditional Rajasthani recipe. Bajra is coarsely crushed to make a porridge like khichdi. Cook bajra and moong dal with vegetable, salt and turmeric powder, fry ghee and cumin seed. You can serve with ghee, pickle, curd, papad and gur.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Skill Level: Easy
- Bajra – 1/2 cup
- Moong Dal – 1/4 cup
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Carrot – 1/4 cup
- Pea – 1/4
- Chopped Potato – 1 small
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Water as needed –
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Wash and soak bajra for over night.
- In a grinder, add soaked bajra and remove the husk.
- Cook husk free bajra in pressure cooker with moong dal, turmeric powder salt and water.
- Cook it till bajra gets soft.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add cumin seed and fry for 2-3 min.
- Add carrot, pea and potato, cover and cook gets soft.
- Pour fried cumin seed in cooked khichdi.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot bajra khichdi with ghee, pickle, curd, papad and gur.