Sprouted Kala Chana Recipe / Kala Chana Curry Recipe / Black Chickpeas Curry Recipe
Sprouted kala chana recipe is a very healthy, easy to make and great taste. Black chickpeas-kala chana cook with tomato, onion and spices gravy, garnish with coriander leaves. You can serve with chapattis or paratha or rice and raw onions.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Sprouted Kala Channa – 11/2 cup
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 big nos.
- Chopped Tomato – 2 nos.
- Green Chili (Slit) – 2-3 nos.
- Garlic-Ginger Paste – 1 tbsp
- Bay Leaf (tej patta) – 1-2 nos.
- Cloves – 1-2 nos.
- Cardamom – 2-3 nos.
- Cinnaman(Dal chini) – 1 inch
- Salt as per taste –
- Coriander Leaves (finely chopped for garnish) – 2-3 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- Posto Seeds (Poppy Seeds) – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Seed – 1 tbsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Grated Coconut – 1 tbsp
- Heat the pan on medium flame on medium flame, add poppy seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds and coconut.
- Roast it, keep aside and allow to cool.
- In a grinder, add poppy seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, little water and coconut, make a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add bay leaves, cloves, cardamoms and cinnamon stick.
- Add the onions, tomato, green chili and ginger garlic paste, fry it till turns little golden brown.
- Add the grounded paste, cooked sprouted kala channa, red chilli powder and salt, mix well.
- Add enough water and cook for 4-5 min or till the gravy becomes thick.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot sprouted kala chana with roti or paratha or rice.
SPROUTED KALA CHANA RECIPE was last modified: March 24th, 2014 by