Spicy Potato Beet Subzi / Beet Jhaal / Spicy Beetroot Curry Recipe
Spicy Beetroot Curry Recipe is a very delicious, colorful, flavorful and nutritious dish. Spicy Beetroot curry is a very simple preparation combined with potato, carrot, onions, brinjal, green chillies, beetroot and panch phoran. Beetroot is a low in calories, zero in trans and saturated fats, high in fiber.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Beet Root (cut into long pices of 1 inch) – 1 nos.
- Potato (cut into same length) – 2 nos.
- Half Brinjal/Eggplant (optional) –
- Panch Phoran (mustard seed, cumin seed, sauf, methi and kalonji) -11/2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Chopped Onion – 1 medium
- Carrot (cut into thin slices) – 1/4 cup
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat, add panch phoron and onion.
- Fry it till onion turns little golden brown.
- Add poatoes, carrot and beetroot, mix well.
- Fry it for 4-5 min.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt, mix well.
- Add half cup of water and brinjal pieces, mix well.
- Cover and cook for 7-8 min or till the water dries out and the gravy becomes little mushy.
- Serve hot spicy beetroot curry with dal-rice.