South Indian Tomato Chutney / Tomato Onion Chutney /Tomato Chutney
South Indian Tomato Chutney is tangy, easy and tasty chutney. It is made of tomato, onion, green chili and coriander leaves. It is reddish colour chutney. Onion Tomato Chutney is easy and delicious chutney for idli, dosa or South Indian tiffin/snacks items.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Chopped Onion – 1 medium
- Chopped Tomato – 2 small
- Red Chili – 3-4 nos.
- Curry Leaves – 10-11
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard Seed – 1/2 tbsp
- Urad Dal – 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan on medium flame, add onion, red chili and salt, fry it till it gets into golden colour.
- Add the tomato and coriander leaves, fry for 2 min.
- Remove from the flame and allow to cool.
- In a grinder, add tomato and onion mixture, make a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the pan on medium flame, add mustard seeds and fry for 2-3 min.
- After that add urad dal, hing and curry leaves, fry it till it urad dal gets golden colour.
- Now add grinded chutney into the pan and mix well.
- Cook for 2-3 min.
- Chutney is ready.
- Serve tomato chutney with dosa or idly or paratha.