Sindhi Chana Masala Recipe / Sindhi Channa Recipe / Sindhi Spicy Chole / Sindhi Chole Recipe
Sindhi chana masala recipe is a favorite dish of almost everyone. Chole is generally cooked in a thick onion gravy and a blend of spices. Sindhi chole masala recipe which will give your taste buds a delicious and tangy taste. You can serve with poori or paratha or plain rice.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Chole – 1 cup
- Oil – 3-4 tbsp
- Bay Leaf (tej patta) – 2-3 nos.
- Cinnaman(Dal chini) – 1 inch
- Cloves – 2-3 nos.
- Green Cardamom – 2-3 nos.
- Salt as per taste –
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Garlic-Ginger Paste – 2 tbsp
- Onion Paste – 1/2 cup
- Tomato Puree – 1/2 cup
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 2 tbsp
- Chana Masala – 11/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves (finely chopped for garnish) – 2-3 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Wash and soak the chick pea for 5-6 hour.
- Cook the chick pea in a pressure cooker with salt, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, green cardamom, clove and tea bags.
- Cook it till the chick pea gets soft.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add cumin seed, onions, ginger-garlic paste and fry it till onion turns golden brown.
- Add tomato, turmeric powder, chana masala, garam masala, coriander powder and red chili powder, mix well.
- Add the boiled chick peas and little water, boil it and cook it till curry become thick.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and slice onions.
- Serve hot sindhi chana masala with rice or poori.