Sarson Ka Saag Recipe / Sarson Ka Saag / Sarson Saag
Sarson Ka Saag Recipe is Rajasthani Dish but it is famous all over India. It is made by using sarson leaves, palak, garlic, ginger, gur and makki da atta, seasoning with ginger and red chili and garnish with butter. This is North Indian dish tastes really nice with Makki Ki Roti and butter.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Sarson Leaves (Wash and Finely Chopped) – 2 cup
- Palak/Spinach (Wash and Finely Chopped) – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Water as needed –
- Makki ka atta (maize flour) – 2 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Grated Jaggery (gur) – 11/2 tbsp
For Tadka:– –
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 1/2 tbsp
- Dry Red chili – 2-3 nos.
- Cook sarson and spinach leaves in a pressure cooker with salt, 1/2 cup of water, garlic and ginger.
- Take 2-3 whistles, remove from fire and keep aside, allow to cool.
- In a grinder, add cooked leaves and make a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add hing and onions and fry it till light brown.
- Add salt and turmeric powder, mix well.
- Add the ground saag and cook on medium flame for 3-4 min.
- Add the maize flour and red chili powder, stir well cook for 4-5 min.
- For Tadka:— Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add ginger and dry red chilies, fry for 2-3 min.
- Add to the saag.
- Serve hot saag with makki ki roti.