Sangri Ki Sabzi Recipe / Sangri Sabzi Recipe / Rajasthani Ker Sangri Ki Sabzi / Rajasthani Sangri Ki Sabzi
Sangri ki sabzi recipe is the a popular dish of Rajasthani cuisine. It is very popular vegetarian dish specially in Jaisalmer and Barmer. These are topical Rajasthani vegetables. It is a nice combination of ker (green berry like fruit) and sangri (dried bean like fruit) widely grown in the desert region of Barmer and Jaisalmer . They both are cooked with yogurt and spices. Nowadays sangri ki sabzi is favorite during rajasthani marriages and other such occasions.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Skill Level: Easy
- Bay Leaf – 1-2 nos.
- Sangari – 1 cup
- Ker – 1 tbsp
- Mustard oil – 5 tbsp
- Dry Red chili – 2-3 nos.
- Mustard (Grounded) – 11/2 tbsp
- Curd-Dahi – 1 cup
- A Pinch Hing –
- Amchur-Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1/2 tbsp
- Water – 11/2 cup
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Amchur – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves (finely chopped for garnish) – 2-3 tbsp
- Wash and soak the ker-sangri for overnight and keep aside.
- Strain ker-sangari with the help of a strainer but do not throw the strained water and keep it aside for future use.
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan, add hing, cumin seeds, dry red chili, sugar and mustard seeds, fry for 1-2 min.
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder and salt, mix well.
- Add curd, soaked ker-sangari and amchur, mix well.
- Add strained water (if required), cook it for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot sangri ki sabzi with bajra (millet) rotis.