Red Hot Potatoes Recipe / Red Hot Potatoes / Potato Fry
Red hot potatoes recipe is a hot and spicy dry curry of potatoes and lots of chillies. It is a nice side dish with poori or paratha or dal-rice. It is very easy to make and tounge twister dish. Boiled potato cubes mixed with onion, tomato and spices gravy.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Potato (boil and cut into cubes) – 4 big nos.
- Finely Chopped Onion – 2 medium
- Finely Chopped Tomato – 1 big
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Tamrind Paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil – 4-5 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add onion and fry it till turns little golden brown.
- Add red chili powder and fry for 1 min.
- Add tomato and fry for 3 min and the oil has left the sides of the pan.
- Add tamarind paste and the boiled potato cubes, mix well.
- Add water and salt, mix well.
- Cook for 4 min.
- Serve hot red hot potato with poori or rice.