Rajasthani Chakki Ki Sabzi / Chakki Ki Sabji / Rajasthain Chakki Sabji Recipe
Rajasthani chakki ki sabzi is popular Rajasthani gravy curry. Chakki is made of wheat flour-atta dough, after wash dough cut into medium size pieces and deep fry them in oil. Cook these chakki in a onion and curd curry gravy. This is a unique dish, mainly prepared in Jodhpur. You can serve with roti or rice.
- Prep Time: 20-25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Wheat Flour-Atta – 2 cup
- Oil (for dough) – 2 tbsp
- whole garam masala – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 medium
- Finely Chopped Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Curd (Dahi) – 2 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- In a bowl, add wheat flour-atta and make loose dough, keep it aside for 1 hour.
- Do knead it for 5-6 times in between so that it becomes loose and fluffy.
- Strain the dough, use a fine strainer and place the sieve under running water and start stretching the dough with your hands till the dough looks stretched.
- Spread out the stretched dough on a cutting board and cut into pieces and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add that pieces and deep fry it to make the chakki.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add garam masala and cook for 1 min.
- Add onion and garlic, cook it till turns little golden brown.
- Add curd, turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder, mix well anf cook for 4-5 min.
- Add water, boil it and cook it till curry thick.
- Add the fried chakki pieces and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot chakki ki sabzi with roti/paratha.