Punjabi Wadi Recipe / How To Make Punjabi Wadis / Dried Spicy Lentil Rounds / Moong Wadi or Mangodi
Punjabi wadi recipe is made from urad or moong dal. It is really very tasty and nutritious. Moong wadis are very popular in India and are cooked in a curry by itself, with potatoes or with any other vegetables. The dal and the spices used might differ from one region to another. Punjabi Wadis are extremely spicy and are usually made with urad dal or moong dal, green chick pea and spices.
- Prep Time: 15-02 minutes
- Skill Level: Medium
- Moong Dal or Urad Dal (Soaked for 6-7 hour) – 1 cup
- Green Chickpea – 1 cup
- Cumin Seed – 3-4 tbsp
- Hing – 1/2 tbsp
- Black Pepper (crush coarsely) – 2 tbsp
- Cloves (crush coarsely) – 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Red Chili Powder as per taste (optinal) –
- Wash and soak the fresh chickpeas in water for 2-3 hours.
- In a grinder, add the soaked chickpeas and little water, make a smooth paste.
- In a grinder, add the soaked moong or urad dal and little water, make a smooth paste.
- In a big bowl, add both the chickpea paste and the moog dal or urad dal paste, mix well.
- Add cumin seeds, hing, cloves powdered, ground black pepper, red chili powder and salt, mix well.
- Take a large thali and grease the thali with some oil, keep thali in the sun, drop spoonful of the the wadi mixture on the thali and shape them in small circles with the help of the spoon.
- When one side is dried, then turn the wadis and dry the other side.
- Dry the wadi in the sun for 3-4 days or it till they becomes hard.
- Store the wadis in an air tight container.