Punjabi Tomato Paneer / Tomato Paneer Recipe / Tomato Paneer Curry / Paneer Tomato Curry Recipes
Punjabi tomato paneer is a very tasty, easy to make and popular North Recipe. Cottage Cheese or Paneer has a delicate milky flavour and is used in a variety dishes from curries to desserts. It is a natural source of vitamin D and calcium. Paneer tomato curry is gravy based recipe in which paneer serve in tomato based gravy with spicy flavor. You can serve this curry with naan or paratha or poori.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Easy
- Paneer (Cut into finger sized) – 2 cup
- Tamrind Juice – 2 tbsp
- Chopped Tomato – 6-7 medium
- Chopped Ginger – 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Dry Red Chili – 1-2 nos.
- Mustard Seed – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 5-6 nos.
- Cinnaman stick – 1 inch
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Soak tamarind in half a cup of warm water for half an hour, remove the pulp, strain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add tomato, ginger, garlic and dry red chili, fry for 3-4 min.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and bring it to a boil.
- Cover and cook for 5-6 min or till it is reduced to half.
- In a grinder, add tomato mixture and make a fine paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add mustard and cumin seeds, fry for 3-4 min.
- Add curry leaves, cinnamon, turmeric powder, coriander powder and cumin powder, mix well.
- Add tomato mixture and mix well, fry for 4-5 min.
- Add tamarind pulp and salt, mix well.
- Add paneer pieces and mix well, cook for 4-5 min.
- Serve hot tomato paneer with roti or naan or paratha.