Punjabi Sarson Ka Saag Recipe / Sarson Ka Saag / How To Make Sarson Ka Saag
Punjabi Sarson Ka Saag Recipe is Punjabi Traditional Dish. This typically Punjabi (North Indian) dish tastes really nice with Makki Ki Roti and a fresh butter. It is made by using green leafy vegetable, tomato, ginger paste and green chili, seasoning with mustard seed and garnish with butter or mustard oil.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Sarson Leaves (Wash and Finely Chopped) – 2 cup
- Chopped Tomato – 1 cup
- Chopped Green Chili – 1-2 nos.
- Ginger Paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- A Pinch Asafoetida –
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Besan Flour – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Butter (for garnish) – 2 tbsp
- Mustard Seed – 1/2 tbsp
- Cook the sarson leaves in the cooker, with little water and salt, boil it.
- Cook it till leaves gets soft and allow to cool.
- In a grinder, add cooked sarson leaves and make a coarse paste, keep aside.
- In a grinder, add tomato, green chili and ginger, make a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add hing, mustard seed and cumin seed, fry for 3-4 min.
- Add turmeric powder and gram flour, fry for 3-4 min.
- Add the tomato paste, red chili powder and fry the spices it till oil separates from them.
- Add the grinded sarson leaves and boil it, cook for 7-8 min.
- Garnish with butter on top.
- Serve hot punjabi sarson ka saag with makki ki roti.