Punjabi Kadhi / Punjabi Kadhi Pakora Recipe
Punjabi Kadhi Pakora Recipe is made by using potato and onion pakore, spices and yogurt-besan mixture. Kadhi can be made in different ways. But Punjabi Pakoda Kadhi is most popular of all. You can enjoy with rice or roti.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 5
- Skill Level: Medium
For making pakore:– –
- Potato (peel and cut in to small pieces) – 1/2 cup
- Onion (peel and cut in to small pieces) – 1/2 cup
- Ajwain – 1 tbsp
- Besan Flour – 1/2 cup (for pakora)
- Baking Soda – a pinch
For making curry:— –
- Curd (Dahi) – 1 cup
- Besan Flour – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard Seed – 1 tbsp
- A pinch of asafetida –
- Dry Red Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 10-11
- Chopped Coriander Leaves (for garnish) – 2-3 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Water as needed –
- Oil for frying –
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- For making pakore:– in a bowl, add potato, onion, baking soda, ajwain, salt and besan, mix well.
- Then slowly add water, stir it and make the batter lump free and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan for deep frying, take a small amount of mix and make round ball and slide the pakore in the oil.
- Fry both sides till turns little golden brown and keep aside.
- In a bowl, add curd, besan and turmeric powder, mix well and make sure there are not any lumps.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add hing, mustard seed and curry leaves, fry for 1-2 min.
- Add curd mixture and water, boil it and stir in between.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt, mix well.
- Add pakore and mix properly, cook on low flame till curry become thick.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add dry red chili and fry for 2-3 min.
- Pour the fried red chili in the kadhi.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot punjabi kadhi with rice or roti.