Bhindi Masala / Bhindi Basar / Punjabi Bhindi Masala Recipe
Punjabi Bhindi Masala Recipe is different in taste. It is very easy to make, spicy and delicious North Indian dry curry. It is made of bhindi, onion, ajwain and little spices. Ajwain gives some different taste. It goes well with roti or paratha or poori.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Bhindi (cut in to halves and small pieces) – 13-15 nos. (medium size)
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 cup
- Ajwain – 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil for frying – 4 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chilies – 1-2 nos.
- Finally Chopped Garlic – 4-5 nos.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add ajwain, garlic, onion and green chilies.
- Fry it till onion turns little golden brown.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and bhindi, mix well.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Cover and cook it till bhindi gets soft.
- Add the garam masala and coriander powder, mix well.
- Fry it for 3-4 min on high flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot punjabi bhindi masala with roti, paratha or dal-rice.