Pui Shaak Chorchori Recipe / Pui Shag Chorchori / Pui Shak Chorchori / Basella Leaf Curry
Pui shaak chorchori recipe is a typical Bengali dish. Pui Shak or Basella leaf is also known as Malabar spinach. It is cooked with potato, ridge gourd, pumpkin and spices. You can serve with rice. It is high in vitamin A, vitamin C, iron and calcium. It is low in calories and high in protein.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Pui Shaak (cut into leaves) – 1/2 kg
- Pumpkin/kaddu/kumro (cut into cubes) – 15-20 pieces
- Potato (cut in small cubes) – 2 nos.
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Ridge Gourd (cut into long pieces) – 2 big nos.
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Water as needed –
- Mustard Oil – 3-4 tbsp
- Panch Phoran (mustard seeed, cumin seed, sauf, methi and kalonji) -1-2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan on medium flame, add panch phoron (mustard seeed, cumin seed, sauf, methi and kalonji), fry for 2 min.
- Add potato, ridge gourd and pumpkin, cook it till gets soft.
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder, salt, sugar and garam masala, mix well.
- Fry it for 5-6 min.
- Add chopped puin shaak and fry for 3-4 min.
- Add water, cover and cook for 10 min or till gets soft.
- Serve hot pui shaak chorchori with rice.