Palak Paneer Recipe / Spinach Saag Paneer / Palak Paneer Sabzi
Palak Paneer Recipe is a Punjab dish but it is popular all over India. In this recipe the paneer cubes cooked with spicy palak-spinach gravy. It is very healthy curry. It is rich in iron and protein. If you fry the paneer cubes in oil it will increase the taste, but you may not want to fry if you are health conscious.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Easy
- Medium Onion (Chopped) – 1 cup
- Chopped Kaju – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Green Chilies – 5 nos. (If you like spicier add more)
- Palak (boil and make a paste in grinder ) – 6 cup
- Garlic and Ginger (paste 1:1) – 3 tbsp
- Tomato Puree – 1/4 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Paneer (big cubes) – 300 gm
- Oil for frying –
- Heat the 1 cup water in a pan and boil on medium heat, add onions, cashew nuts and green chilies.
- Boil it till for 15 minutes or until almost water evaporates and allow to cool.
- In a grinder, grind it in smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat, add ginger paste, garlic paste and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add onion and tomatoes, mix well.
- Cook it for 2 minutes, add onion paste and spinach puree and mix well.
- Add salt, cook it for 2 minutes.
- Add dried fenugreek leaves and garam masala, mix well.
- Add paneer and mix gently.
- Cook it till become little thick.
- Serve hot palak paneer with rice or laccha paratha.