Palak Makkai Malai / Palak Makkai Malai Recipe
Palak Makkai Malai Recipe is a very unique flavour due to sweet corn kernels. Palak makkai malai has makkai or corn kernels mixed with palak or spinach gravy, spices and cooked in a creamy-malai rich gravy. It is easy and delicious recipe. You can be enjoyed with roti or rice.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Chopped Spinach – 1 bunch
- Chopped Green Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Grated Ginger – 1 inch
- Chopped Onion – 1 small
- Moong Dal – 2-3 tbsp
- Cream – 1/3 cup
- Cinnamon-Cloves Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil – 3-4 tbsp
- Fried Paneer Cubes – 1/2 cup
- Wash and soak moong dal for 1/2 hour.
- Cook dal in pressure cook with water, spinach, cinnamon-cloves powder, onion, ginger, green chili and salt.
- When dal is soft, mash mixture with a ladle.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add corn, dal-spinach mixture, salt, dry mango powder and garam masala, mix well.
- Cook it till dal becomes thick.
- Add beaten malai or cream and stir till smooth.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, fried paneer cubes and pour ghee or butter on top.
- Serve hot palak makkai malai with naan/roti.