Neer Dosa Recipe / Neer Dosa Tawa / How To Make Neer Dosa
Neer dosa or Neer dose is a speciality of dakshin kannada and udipi district. Neer dosa is very soft, thin and tasted really good. The word ‘neer’ means water. Neer dosa is named so as the batter is wattery. You can serve with chutney or sambhar or jaggery mixed with grated coconut.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Rice – 2 cup
- Grated Fresh Coconut – 1 cup
- Salt – as per taste
- Wash and soak the rice for 4-5 hours.
- In a grinder, add soaked rice and coconut, make a smooth paste.
- Add salt and keep a side for 3-4 hour.
- Take out some batter and dilute with water till you reach the right consistency and it should be thick but easy to spread.
- Cook in the non-stick pan on the stove and heat the oil in a tawa on medium flame to make the pan greasy and after that wipe the greased pan with a clean cloth.
- Pour 1-1/2 or 2 spoon the batter in the pre-heated tawa.
- Pour few drops of oil at the corners of the dosa and spread the tea spoon of oil over the dosa.
- Remove the dosa and fold it into a triangle.
- Serve hot neera dosa with hot sambhar and chutney.