Mutter Mushroom Masala / Mutter Mushroom Curry / Mutter Mushroom Ki Sabzi / Mushroom and Green Peas Curry
Mutter mushroom masala is also known as Khumbh Mutter curry or Dhingri Mutter Mushroom recipe. Mushroom mutter is popular mouthwatering North Indian gravy dish. You can serve as a side with roti or chapati or Rice. It is basically mushroom and peas cooked in a spicy and tangy onion tomato gravy, flavored with Indian spices and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Skill Level: Medium
- Chopped Onion – 1 cup
- Chopped Garlic – 6-7 nos.
- Dry Red Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Chopped Ginger – 1/2 tbsp
- Cloves – 2-3 nos.
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Tomato Puree – 11/2 cup
- Chopped Mushroom – 1 cup
- Peas – 1 cup
- Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- In a grinder, add onion, garlic, ginger and dry red chili, make a paste and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add cloves and cumin seed, fry for 3-4 min.
- Add onion paste, salt and turmeric powder, fry it till turn golden brown.
- Add tomato puree and mix well, cook it till dry.
- Add mushroom and pea, fry for 5-6 min.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder and cardamom, mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water and boil it, covered and cook it till vegetable gets cooked or oil separates and floats on the top of the curry.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot mutter mushroom masala with roti or rice or paratha.