Mango Chunda Recipe / Chunda Recipe / Raw Mango Chunda / How To Make Sweet Mango Pickle
Mango chunda recipe has sweet, sour and little spicy taste. Chunda is a traditional pickle made in Gujarat with the sourness from the raw mango, sweetness from the sugar, flavour with cardamom and the spiciness from the red chili powder. Sweet, sour and spicy raw mango chunda can be served with paratha or thepla or dal-rice or spread for Toast.
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Skill Level: Medium
- Grated Sour Mango – 5 cup
- Sugar – 4 cup
- Salt – 1/4 cup
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Cardamom – 8 nos.
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- In a grinder, add cumin seeds, cardamom and cinnamon, make a coarsely powder and keep aside.
- In a bowl, add the coarsely powder, red chili powder, salt, sugar and grated mango, mix well.
- Keep the grated mangoes in a wide mouthed vessel and close the neck of the vessel with a thin cloth.
- Keep it in the sunlight for 10 to 15 days.
- After 15 days, when it comes to the colour of honey, take it out.
- Store in a clean and dry plastic or glass container.