Lauki Kofta Curry Recipe / Lauki Kofta Gravy Recipe / Lauki Kofta
Lauki Kofta Curry Recipe is a delicious Indian Curry Dish. The grated bottle gourd-lauki and besan mixture is made into koftas and dropped in a rich onion-tomato based curry and flavored with spices. You can serve with rice or roti.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Skill Level: Medium
For Kofta:—- –
- Grated Lauki (bottle gourd/ doodhi/ghia) – 2 medium size
- Besan Flour – 6-7 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Potato (Peel and grated) – 2 medium
For Curry:—— –
- Bay Leaf (tej patta) – 1-2 nos.
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chili – 1 tbsp
- Onion Paste – 2 medium
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Tomato Paste – 1/4 cup
- Water as needed –
- Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- For making kofta:—-
- In a bowl, add grate the Bottle gourd, potato and salt, squeeze the excess water with the help of your palms.
- Add besan and mix well, make a smooth dough.
- Divide into 12 equal parts and roll between your palm and make smooth small balls.
- Heat the oil in a pan for deep frying on medium heat, add balls and cook it till they turn golden brown and keep them aside.
- For making gravy:—-
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add bay leaf, cumin seed, green chili, ginger-garlic paste and onion, fry it till golden brown.
- Add tomato, cover and cook for 5-6 min.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, salt, cumin powder and coriander powder, mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water and boil it.
- Add fried kofta and mix well, cook it till gravy thick.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot curry with rice.