Kala Chana Curry Recipe / Black Chickpeas Curry Recipe / How To Make Punjabi Kala Chana
Kala chana curry recipe is a easy to make, tasty, flavorful and delicious Punjabi curry. Boiled black chickpea or kala chana cooked with tasty onion-tomato based spicy gravy and garnished with coriander leaves. Kala chana are a rich source of protein and high in fiber. You can enjoy with roti or paratha or rice or chapati or poori.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Kala Chana – 1 cup
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 nos.
- Finely Chopped Tomato – 1 nos.
- Oil for frying –
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 3 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Cinnamon Stick – 1 inch
- Cloves – 3 nos.
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- A Pinch Asafoetida –
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves (for garnish) – 2-3 tbsp
- Wash and soak the chana for 6 hrs.
- Cook chana in pressure cooker with salt, cloves, cinnamon stick and water.
- Cook it till chana gets soft.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add cumin seed, hing and ginger-garlic paste.
- Fry for 2-3 min.
- Add onion and mix well.
- Fry it till onion turns little golden brown.
- Add tomato and cook it till tomato gets soft.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder and red chilli powder, mix well.
- Add boiled chana, little water and mix well.
- Cook it till curry becomes thick.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot kala chana curry with roti or plain rice or poori.