Ginger Rasam Recipe / Ginger Rasam / Ginger Tomato Rasam / How To Make Ginger Tomato Rasam
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cooked Toovar Dal – 1/2 cup
- Ginger – 1/2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Green Chili – 2-4 nos.
- Tomato – 1-2 nos.
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- For Tadka:—
- Mustard Seed – 1 tbsp
- Hing – a pinch
- Curry Leaves – 10-12 nos.
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add mustard seed, asafetida, curry leaves, green chilies and half of the crushed ginger.
- Add tomatoes and fry for a min.
- Add 2 cup of water with salt, turmeric powder and bring to boil.
- Add the remaining crushed ginger and pepper powder, mix well.
- Cook it till tomatoes are soft.
- Add the cooked toovar dal and bring to boil.
- When it boils well and switch off the stove.
- Add the lemon juice (rasam should not be reheated or boiled after lime juice have been added, as it may give a bitter taste) and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot ginger rasam as a starter or with rice and pappad.
GINGER RASAM was last modified: March 13th, 2015 by