Ghugni Recipe / Yellow Peas Curry Recipe / How To Make Ghoogni / Spicy Yellow Peas Curry
Ghugni recipe or Yellow peas curry is a popular Bengali snack recipe. You can serve with puffed rice or luchi. Pea is high in protein and super easy to cook. White pea cook with onion tomato semi spices gravy and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- White Pea – 21/2 cup
- Chopped Onion – 3 nos.
- Grated Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Tomato – 1 medium
- Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 11/2 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- Salt as per taste –
- Sugar – 1/2 tbsp
- Chopped Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves – 2-3 tbsp
- Wash and soak the white peas for overnight.
- Cook peas in pressure cooker with salt and water.
- Cook it till peas gets soft and remove extra water, keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add onion, ginger and garlic.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown.
- Add tomato and cook for 5-6 min.
- Add cooked peas, cumin powder, coriander powder and red chili powder and allow it to boil.
- Add garam masala and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot ghugni with naan or chapatti or eaten as snack or appetizer with chutney and onion slices.
GHUGNI RECIPE was last modified: August 31st, 2017 by