Doi Begun/ Eggplant In Yogurt Sauce / Dahi Baingan Recipe / Fried Eggplant With Yogurt Dip
Eggplant in yogurt sauce is a nice Bengali side recipe. Fry the eggplant and onion slices till turns little golden brown, mix with curd-yogurt and spices mixture, sprinkle chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Serve with any rice dish.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Eggplant/Baigan (cut in thick slice) – 3-4 nos.
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Onion – 2 nos.
- Cumin Seed – 3 tbsp
- Curd (Dahi) – 1 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/4 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- Rub the turmeric powder and salt on the slices of eggplant, allow to sit for 10-11 min.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat, add eggplant slices.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown on both sides and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat, add onion.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown and keep aside.
- In a bowl, add salt, cumin powder and curd, beat it, adding a little water to it to make it considerably thinner. When it is uniformly mixed set aside.
- Now take a serving plate and arrange the fried eggplant and onion in alternating layer (it is nice if you start with a layer of eggplants and finish with a layer of onions on top).
- Pour the diluted yogurt mixture on top of the dish evenly.
- Garnish with chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Serve hot eggplant in yogurt sauce with biriyani.
EGGPLANT IN YOGURT SAUCE was last modified: March 24th, 2014 by