Doodh Lau Bengali Recipe / Dudh Diye Lau / Bottle Gourd In Milk / Bengali Bottlegourd Curry
Doodh Lau Bengali Recipe is healthy and popular Bengali Dish. Doodh Lau is made of bottle gourd, milk, sugar and spices. It is slightly on the sweet side. You can serve with rice. Doodhi is also called Calabash Gourd, White flower gourd, Dudhi, Ghiya and Lauki.
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Lau (White/Bottle Gourd) – 1 medium
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Dried Red Chili (Crushed) – 1-2 nos.
- Milk – 4 tbsp
- A pinch Flour –
- Salt as per taste –
- Sugar – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Peel the lau, remove the seeded part in the center and finely chopped.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add cumin seeds and dried red chili, fry for 2-3 min.
- Add the lau and mix well, fry for 4-5 min.
- Add the flour, salt and sugar, mix well.
- Add the milk, bring to boil, cover and cook it till gets soft.
- Serve hot doodh lau with plain rice.