Channa Chole Masala Recipe / Mixed Channa Curry / Chana Masala
Channa chole masala recipe is a popular vegetable dish in Indian cuisine. Boiled dal mixture (kala chana, rajma, kala urad dal and kabuli chana) cooked with spicy onion tomato gravy. It is very delicious and healthy curry recipe. You can enjoy with rice or poori or paratha.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Kala chana – 1/4 cup
- Kabuli Chana – 1/4 cup
- Rajma – 1/4 cup
- Kala Urad Dal – 1/4 cup
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- A pinch of asafetida –
- Garlic-Ginger Paste – 2 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 large
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Dry Red Chili – 2-3 nos.
- Finely Chopped Tomato – 1/2 cup
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Water –
- Oil for frying –
- Wash and soak kala chana, rajma, kala urad dal and kabuli chana for 6-7 hour or overnight.
- Cook the mixture of dal in a pressure cooker with adding salt and water.
- Cook on medium flame till dal becomes soft and remove excess water, keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add hing, ginger-garlic paste, cumin seed, dry red chili and onion.
- Fry it till onion turns little golden brown.
- Add turmeric powder and red chili powder, mix well.
- Add tomato, salt and coriander powder, mix well.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 min.
- Add water and mix well.
- Cook it till curry becomes thick.
- Add garam masala and mix well.
- Add boiled dal and cook for 4-5 min more.
- Serve hot mix chana curry with roti/paratha/rice.