Chana Masala Recipe / How To Make Punjabi Chole / Pindi Chole Recipe / Punjabi Spicy Chole
Chana masala recipe is a dry Punjabi dish, where chole are coated very lightly gravy. It is a spicy, tangy, tasty and tempting curry prepared from white chickpeas or kabuli chana, tomatoes, onion and other spices. You can enjoy with bhatura or poori or rice.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- White Kabuli Chana (soaked overnight) – 1 cup
- Salt as per taste –
- Cinnamon Stick – 2 inch
- Cloves – 2 nos.
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
- Finely Chopped Tomato – 1/4 cup
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Chana Masala – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Tamrind Paste – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves (finely chopped for garnish) – 3-4 tbsp
- Sliced Onion – 1/4 cup
- Wash and soak the chick pea for 5-6 hour.
- Cook the chick pea in a pressure cooker with salt, cinnamon stick, clove and tea bags.
- Cook it till the chick pea gets soft.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add cumin seed, onions, ginger and garlic.
- Fry it till onion turns little golden brown.
- Add tomato, turmeric powder, chana masala and red chili powder, mix well.
- Add the boiled chick peas and little water, boil it.
- Add tamarind paste , mix well and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and slice onions.
- Serve hot chana masala with rice or poori or bhatura.