Bittergourd Masala / Bitter Gourd Masala Recipe
Bitter Gourd Masala Recipe is a sweet and spicy in taste. Bitter Gourd is also called bitter melon, bitter gourd and bitter squash. Karela is an effective Ayurvedic herb for controlling diabetes, it is also increases metabolism. It is made of karela, onion and spices.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Chopped Bittergourd – 2 cup
- Chopped Onion – 1 big nos.
- Green Chilli (slit opened) – 2 nos.
- Garlic-Ginger Paste – 1 tbsp
- Posto Seeds (Poppy Seeds) – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste –
- Oil for frying –
- Mustard Seed – 1/2 tbsp
- Urad Dal – 1/2 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 10-11
- In a bowl, add water, bittergourd and salt, keep aside for 1-2 hour.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, green chili, ginger-garlic paste and onion.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown.
- Add the bittergourd pieces and salt, mix well.
- Cook it till gets half cooked.
- Add the poppy seeds and coriander powder, mix well.
- Cook it till bitter gourd gets soft.
- Mash the bittergourd pieces slightly.
- Serve hot bittergourd masala with rice/roti/paratha.