Bharwa Shimla Mirch Recipe / Stuffed Capsicum / Pepper Recipes
Bharwa Shimla Mirch Recipe is made of boiled potato, paneer, onion, garlic and spices. Stuffed Capsicum is a spiced gravy combined with the potato and paneer to provide a double dose of flavour, fiber and protein. You can serve with roti or paratha.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Capsicum/Shimla Mirch (Wash and Cut the head off) – 3 nos.
- Potato (boiled and mashed) – 3 cup
- Grated Paneer – 1/2 cup
- Cumin Seed – 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Garlic – 4-5 nos.
- Finely Chopped Onions – 1/2 cup
- Finely Chopped Green Chili – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Powder – 2 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Dry mango powder (Amchur) – 1 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- Salt as per taste –
- In a bowl, add oil and salt, mix well.
- Apply small amount of oil mixture inside and outside of the pepper.
- For Making Stuffing:—
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add cumin seed, green chili, garlic, onion and fry for 3-4 min.
- Add potato, paneer and mix well, fry for 3-4 min.
- Add coriander powder, garam masala, cumin powder and dry mango powder, mix well.
- Fry for 3-4 min and allow to cool.
- Divide the mix equally between the capsicum.
- Heat the oil in a pan on low flame, place stuffed capsicum.
- Cook it till turns little golden brown or for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot stuffed capsicum with roti/paratha/naan.