Stuffed Karela / Bharwa Karela Recipe / Stuffed Bitter Gourd Recipe
Bharwa Karela Recipe is a great side dish to any meal. Bitter gourd has many health benefits. It has many vital vitamins, minerals and blood purifying properties. Karela has bitter in taste but in this curry will not taste very bitter.
- Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Skill Level: Medium
- Bitter Gourd/Karela – 5-6 nos.
- Besan flour – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
- Corainder powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1 tbsp
- Oil for frying –
- Salt as per taste –
- Sugar as per taste –
- Cut the stem off the karela from both ends.
- In a pan, add water and 1 tbsp salt, mix well and dip the karela, keep aside for 2-3 hour.
- Cook the karela in pressure cooker, with water and a pinch of salt.
- Cook it only 1 or 2 whistle.
- Drain excess water and keep aside.
- Take the boiled Bitter gourds out and place them on a strainer to remove remaining water. When Bitter gourds have cooled off completely remove any amount of water left in them.
- For making stuff:—In a bowl, add besan flour, turmeric powder, dry mango powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt, mix well and keep aside.
- Divide stuffing into equal portions of Bitter gourds.
- Take one karela, stuff with the spices mixture and bind with thread, keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, put the bitter gourds.
- Fry it till they turns little golden brown.
- Stir in between.
- Serve hot stuffed karela with chapatis or paratha or rice-dal.
BHARWA KARELA RECIPE was last modified: March 24th, 2014 by