Kofir Daalna / Bengali Phool Kopir Dalna / Aloo Phool Kopir Dalna / Spicy Cauliflower Curry / Bengali Potato And Cauliflower Curry
Bengali Phool Kopir Dalna is a tasty, spicy, easy to make and popular Bengali style curry. It is a bengali style aloo-potato and gobhi-cauliflower curry. Phool kopir dalna is made of potatoes, phool kopi -cauliflower, onions, garlic and Indian spices. You can serve with roti or rice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3
- Skill Level: Easy
- Potato (Peel and cut the potatoes into quarters) – 2-3 nos.
- Cauliflower (cut into florets and soak in warm water for 10 min) – 1 medium
- Salt as per taste –
- Chopped Tomato (Cut into quarters) – 4 nos.
- Chopped Onion – 2 nos.
- Oil for frying –
- Bay Leaf (tej patta) – 1-2 nos.
- Green Cardamom – 2-3 nos.
- Cinnamon Stick – 1/2 inch
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add potato.
- Fry it till turns little golden brown.
- Add cauliflower and fry the florets of cauliflower till they turns a little golden brown, remove and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add bay leaves, green cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon.
- Fry for 1-2 min.
- Add onion and fry it till turns little golden brown in colour.
- Add tomato, coriander powder, cumin powder and red chili powder, mix well.
- Add 1/4th cup of water and boil it.
- Add the fried potato-cauliflower and stir fry for 2-3 min.
- Cook it till vegetables are cooked.
- Serve hot kofir daalna with roti/rice.