Beetroot Kurma Recipe / Beetroot Kurma / Beetroot Potato Kurma
Beetroot kurma recipe is a Bengali curry recipe. Beetroot is a rich source of fiber, magnesium, sodium, potassium and vitamin C. Beetroot cook with onion, tomato, poppy seeds and coconut pastes gravy, garnish with coriander leaves. You can serve with roti or rice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Skill Level: Easy
- Chopped Beetroot – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
- Finely Chopped Tomato – 1 medium
- Garlic-Ginger Paste – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
- Freshly Grated Coconut – 1 tbsp
- Poppy Seeds (soak for 1-2 min) – 3/4 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 3-4 nos.
- Coriander Leaves (finely chopped for garnish) –
- Oil for frying –
- Salt as per taste –
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat, add onion and fry it till turns little golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 3-4 min.
- Add tomato and beetroot, cook for 5-6 min.
- Add coriander powder, chili powder, garam masala and salt, mix well.
- Add water, cover and cook for 5-6 min.
- In a grinder, add coconut, soaked poppy seeds and cashew, make a fine paste and keep aside.
- When beetroot is cooked well, add the fine paste and mix well, cook it till curry gets thick.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot beetroot kurma with roti or rice.